Two year Postdoctoral Positions to Study Epigenetics and Chromosome-Wide Gene Regulation
Umeå University is dedicated to providing creative environments for learning and work. We offer a wide variety of courses and programs, world leading research, and excellent innovation and collaboration opportunities. More than 4 100 employees and 32 000 students have already chosen Umeå University. We welcome your application!
The position is at the Department of Molecular Biology, Umeå University, Sweden.
We are interested in chromosome-wide targeting and regulatory mechanisms where our discovery that POF is involved in global regulation of chromosome 4 in Drosophila provided the first evidence of autosome specific chromosome-wide regulatory mechanisms. Our analysis is focused on four main questions: (1) the evolution and function of chromosome-wide targeting mechanisms (2) correct targeting of chromatin associated factors; (3) genome-wide fine-tuning of transcription output and (4) establishment and propagation of chromatin structure within and between chromosomes. Candidates are encouraged to develop projects within chromosome-wide gene regulation with a molecular mechanistic, evolutionary or genomic focus.
- PhD degree in e.g., genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Previous experience with either Drosophila genetics, evolutionary biology or genome-wide analysis.
- Knowledge and experiences in epigenetic research
- Experience of analysing next-generation sequencing data, e.g. ChIP-seq and RNA-seq
- Experience in statistics and statistical genetics
The fellowships are full-time for 24 months.
The application should include:
- Personal letter describing your fulfilment of the required and desired qualifications listed above and one research question that you would like to address within chromosome-wide gene regulation (max 2 pages).
- CV and list of publications.
- PDF files of your three best publications.
- Contact details of two to three references.
For additional questions please contact email@example.com with a phrase “postdoc in epigenetics” in the subject line.
Your complete application in one pdf file, marked with reference number FS 2.1.6-379-18, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (state the reference number as subject) by March 31, 2018 at the latest.