Wallenberg Travel Grants
It is now possible to apply for funding for international travels to conferences and research visits for young researchers from the Wallenberg Foundation.
In 1967, in conjunction with the fiftieth anniversary of the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, the board authorised the so-called jubilee donation, which is primarily intended to fund travel by younger researchers. This appropriation was later extended, since 1997 by the board's annual decisions.
The appropriation is placed at the disposal of the Vice-Chancellor to “primarily benefit scholarships for such travel as best promotes a personal exchange of scientific knowledge to the benefit of Swedish research.”
Applications can be submitted throughout the year. Applicants ought to be aware that these travel grants are in great demand, and as a consequence the total cost of a single trip can seldom be awarded. In order to fulfil the donor's stipulations, in general the trip must promote research. This means, of course, that among other things applicants must normally have documented scientific activities of their own in order to be considered.
The following criteria are taken into account when awarding Wallenberg funding:
- The grants are intended for younger researchers and doctoral students
- The trip shall promote research
- Researchers who have not previously received a grant are given precedence
- A personal scientific contribution is a requirement (see form, ‘mandatory’)
- The grants are intended for travel costs and conference fees abroad, not in Sweden
- Costs for accommodation and family members are not awarded
Special application form
Remember to enclose the documents stipulated on the form.
The form and enclosures should be sent to:
Anna Tjernberg, Planning Office
We look forward to receiving your application!