Application Process for Exchange Students
Please read through the instructions on this page carefully. Follow the instructions when you fill in the on-line application form. You should have received the link to it by email. You apply for Housing on the same form as the courses.
Be Sure to Meet the Application Deadline
The deadline for applications for the autumn term is 1 May, and the deadline for applications for the spring term is 1 November. The paper version of your application has to reach The International Office at Umeå University by the relevant deadline.
Please Note! When applying to Umeå Institute of Design send your portfolio/home assignment along with your application to:
SE-901 87 Umeå, Sweden
Instructions for Application
- Please make sure that you have a valid e-mail address. It is very important that you, when prompted, spell your e-mail address correctly. Also, please make sure that your mailbox is not full.
- Choose your courses. Please remember that 30 Swedish credits (30 ECTS) per term correspond to full-time studies in Sweden. A list of all the courses that are taught in English can be found under "Courses and Programmes". For students within the Medical Faculty, please see the special course information document under "Related Information" (PDF). Note! All courses given in English are open to all exchange students, irrespective of nationality, provided they meet the academic prerequisites.
- Make sure you do not apply for full time day-time courses that run during the same weeks because the schedules might clash.
- When you have completed the form, you will receive an e-mail with a link to a printable PDF document that contains your Application Form. (You will need Acrobat Reader to view and print the form. You can download Acrobat Reader under "Related Information").
- Print the Application Form and sign it.
- Send the signed Application Form along with your Transcript of Records to the International Office
Note! All exchange students must send in their Transcript of Records along with their applications. Without the Transcript of Records, the applications will not be processed.
Regarding your Application for Housing
The housing section is not visible on the printed PDF version of your application. You do not need to send in any paper version of your housing application. Your housing application will be considered complete when the paper version of the course application is received by the International Office.