Study and Career Guidance
The study information officers at the student reception desk can answer most of your questions regarding student services and academic education or direct you to the right place when necessary.
The Study Counsellors can help you with
- Information about degree programmes and single-subject courses at Umeå University
- Information about admission procedures, eligibility, selection rules, specific requirements, etc
- Educational advice and assistance with application procedures
- The equivalation of foreign upper-secondary education
- Broadening your perspectives/see new opportunities
- Planning your studies
The Study Advisor at your Department
If you have any questions about a degree programme or a single-subject course in your specific field of study, you are welcome to contact the study advisor in your department.
A study advisor provides more detailed information and guidance in relation to the department's own degree programmes and single-subject courses. For example, course selections within a programme, the course literature, exams, and options after studying a certain programme.
When and Where can You Find Us?
The Student Reception Desk and the Study and Career Guidance Service are located in the Administration Building.