Language Aid When Looking for Housing
If you want to search through on-line adds for accommodation, or perhaps place an add yourself, you might need some help understanding the language. The below listed words and expressions should help you to use the search tools on the websites.
First thing to remember is to choose "Västerbotten" as area to look in (the county where Umeå is situated) when searching among on-line advertisements.
- Sök = Search
- Uthyres = Up for rent (offering accommodation)
- Önskas hyra = Wanting to rent (looking for accommodation)
- Bostad = Accommodation
- Hyresrätt = Rent controlled apartment
- Bostadsrätt = Condominium style apartment
- Villa = House
- Radhus = Town house
- Lägenhet = Apartment/Flat
- Rum = Room
- 1:a = apartment with one room, kitchen and bathroom.
- 2:a = apartment with two rooms, kitchen and bathroom.
- Boyta = Living area/Size
- Avgift/Hyra= Fee/Rent (per month)
- Datum = Date that the add was placed (it is usually no use calling on adds that are older than 3 weeks)