Why did you choose to study at Umeå University?
– I chose Umea University because they have various business courses I was interested in and I was spoiled for choice.
What do you like most about your programme?
– I like the fact that I get to be involved in real life cases and in solving real life situation problems in various companies.
What has been your most memorable moment about the programme so far?
– The most memorable moment in the course I am involved in is the unique methods of examination.
What do you do when you're not studying?
– I am involved in sporting activities (football) and I like to travel around and catch up with friends and make new ones during various student activities.
What you like best about the town of Umeå and its surroundings?
– I like the fact that people are friendly and very honest in Umea. I also like the vegetation around and the transport systems in Umeå.
What do you find as the biggest cultural difference, both socially and educationally, from your country with Sweden?
– The biggest cultural difference for me socially is that the Swedes in Umea are a bit reserved compared to people in Nairobi where most guys are outgoing. The system of examining is the biggest cultural difference I have experienced in terms of education.
What you would say to another international student thinking of attending Umeå University?
– Umeå University is a great place for studying and it's a place rich in different cultures from different parts of the world. It is a good and unique experience to study in Umeå University.
What are you career aspirations?
– I want to be an entrepreneur now and in future. I want to be able to help guys start and run businesses, expand them and link them internationally so that they can reap the full benefits of their potential.
Favourite thing about Umeå University:
The different mix of cultures found in both local and International students.
Favourite Swedish word or custom:
Three words to summarise your time in Umeå:
Different, Exciting and Amazing