Live Panel Event on Umeå University discussion on gender and academia
Thursday 27 May, 2021at 14:00 - 15:00
Online at Zoom
Aim To discuss equal opportunities in science and research. As well put by Nancy Hopkins, Professor emerita, MIT, USA; "If there are no women - we will lose half of the best people."
Topic The theme, which is now sweeping across the globe is the discussion around the highly acclaimed documentary ‘Picture-a-Scientist’. Everyone attending the panel are encouraged to watch the film before the event (but the access link is valid all 2021).
Introduction by Heidi Hansson, Professor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor for education at undergraduate and advanced level, internationalization and outreach and responsible for equal rights and opportunities.
· Katrine Riklund, Professor, senior consultant physician and Pro-Vice-Chancellor for internationalization, research and postgraduate education in medicine, natural and technical sciences.
· Lars Nordlander, Human Resources Manager at Umeå University.
· Britt-Inger Keisu, Associate Professor in Sociology and Director of Umeå Center for Gender Studies.
· Hannah Devinney, PhD-student researching gender bias in AI at the Department of Computing Science and Umeå Centre for Gender Studies.
· Katarina Hamberg, Professor Emerita at the Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine and awarded the Medical Faculty prize for Equal opportunity initiatives in 2019.
Moderated by Carolina Hawranek, PhD student at the Department of Radiation Sciences former science journalist.