Skip to content
Main menu hidden.

Burglary, theft and sabotage

If you suspect that burglary, sabotage or theft has taken place at the University, you must report the crime to the Police.

What you need to do if you have been subjected to theft, sabotage or malicious damage to property

  • The person discovering the crime must immediately file a police report.
    Call 114 14 or go to polisen.se.
  • Avoid entering the premises or moving things before the Police has made a technical investigation.

If you need support, you can call the security guards on +46 90 786 76 00.

General advice

Document what has happened

It is beneficial if you write down what has happened as soon as possible. Take note of the time and place, and other information or observations that could be relevant.

Theft or loss of property

  • If you loose your personal belongings such as your phone, wallet or computer, you must report this to the Police by phoning 114 14. The sooner you report, the better the chances are of finding technical evidence or interviewing witnesses.
  • You can also go to Infocenter to see if your missing items have been found and handed in.
  • If your Umu card has been lost or stolen, please contact Infocenter who will help you block the card and set upp a new one.

Important considerations

  • Do not leave your valuables unattended.
  • Activate the screen lock on your computer and phone when you are not using them.
  • Do not store any login detail or login cards together with your computer or phone.
Latest update: 2022-09-01