Skip to content
Main menu hidden.

Transfer of credits

For courses that you have studied at other higher education institutions in Sweden or at universities abroad, you can usually have credits transferred to your degree at Umeå University. Occupational experience or a course other than a higher education course can, in certain circumstances, be transferred to credits.

When you believe that you already have corresponding merits for the course you otherwise would have studied at Umeå University, it is possible to have these credits transferred. This can be in the following cases:

  • Courses or modules from another Swedish higher education institution or equivalent education provider.
  • Courses or modules from another subject at Umeå University.
  • Studies abroad.
  • Occupational experience.

You must have been admitted to Umeå University and be currently studying here.

When you are about to apply for transfer of credits, please contact the study counsellor at the department responsible for the course. If you are unsure of who to contact, you will find departments and units via the link on this page.

Latest update: 2023-01-11