• Real world evidence, Preventive medicine, Ethics, Psoriasis, Melanoma, Genodermatoses
• Coordinator, educationally awarded teachers network
• Head of the Swedish psoriasis register PsoReg
Marcus main interests are Real world evidence, Preventive medicine, Ethics, Psoriasis, Melanoma and Genodermatoses. He initiated the Swedish national psoriasis registry www.PsoReg.se and co-founded the international PsoNet register. Marcus is a distinguished teacher and co-coordinates the educationally awarded teachers network @ Umeå university. Marcus is a scientific advisor to several public authorities and other decision-makers and participates in national and international expert groups.
Marcus studied medicine in Frankfurt, Vienna, Kiel & Edmonton. During his studies, he started his psoriasis research with a thesis on the immunogenetics of psoriasis under the guidance of Enno Christophers and Wolfram Sterry. The German research council (DFG) funded his postdoc at the laboratory of Georg Stingl in Vienna from 1993-95. Thereafter, he completed his specialist training at the Charité in Berlin. He was appointed associate professor of dermatology at the NTNU in Trondheim, Norway in 2000. Since 2002 he has been working at Umeå university, where he was appointed head of the division of dermatovenereology in 2012, full professor and distinguished teacher in 2014.
• Affiliated researcher
-Centre for Pharmacoepidemiology, Karolinska Institutet
-Arctic Research Centre Arcum
• Associate Editor, British Journal of Dermatology
• Editorial board:
-Clinical Drug Investigation
-Journal of Clinical Medicine
• Swedish Board of Health and Welfare (SoS)
• Swedish Agency for Health Technology Assessment (SBU)
• Medical Products Agency (MPA)
• Swedish Dental and Pharmaceutical Benefits Agency (TLV)
• Swedish psoriasis patient organisation (PSO)
• Master thesis (30 ECTS), medicine program, Umeå univ.
• Psoriasis research, the medical biobank Umeå