Skip to content
Main menu hidden.

La Trobe University

Available places: 4 semester places for Academic Year 2023/2024

Established: 1967
Number of students: 38,000
Campus: La Trobe has several campuses close to Victoria, main campus is located in the Melbourne suburb Bundoora and has 21,000 registered students.
Student life: Over 50 student clubs are available with a focus on theater, film, politics and sports. The Sport Center located by the main campuses houses a swimming pool, dance studio, climbing wall, volleyball, badminton, squash and basketball courts.

Connect Volunteers is a group of established students at the university that helps new students settle in.

About Melbourne

Melbourne is the capital of the state and the second largest city in Australia with 5 million inhabitants in the metropolitan area. The city is known as Australia's culture and sports town and offers a growing music industry, large festivals, sports activities and museums. Nearby are white beaches and the Australian wildlife.

Melbourne have been appointed one of the best cities to live in, by the Economist Intelligence.

Information from La Trobe

Restrictions: Most areas of study are available for exchange students, unless otherwise stated on the description.

Entry into some health sciences subjects is restricted and cannot be guaranteed.

As an exchange student through the university-wide agreements at La Trobe University, you can choose courses at Bundoora Campus (Melbourne) and Bendigo Campus.

Students will have to complete a bachelor's degree before enrolling into Post Graduate Subjects.

Full-time studies (corresponding to 30 hp): Undergraduate studies: 60 credits

Course types: Depending on level; 7 credits, 15 credits, 20 credits, 30 credits

Course levels: 0–6

Academic year
Term 2: July–November
Term 1: February–June


Exchange and study abroad

Subject search


Student grants and loans for studies outside of Sweden

You may be entitled to student grants and loans from CSN when studying abroad.

As the cost of living and accommodation may be higher abroad, you can apply for an extra loan known as an additional loan for studies abroad.

You can also apply for an additional loan to cover additional costs, i.e. travel and insurance costs.