Skip to content
Main menu hidden.

Chung-Ang University (CAU)

Available places: 0 for spring semester 2022

Established: 1918
Number of students: 30,000
Campus: One campus is located in Seoul and the other at the outskirt of Anseong City (1 ½ hour drive from Seoul)
Student life: The mentor programme Global Ambassadors (GLAM) aims to help international students to settle and get to know domestic students. There are also more than 100 student clubs to engage in, and CAU organises an annual festival to celebrate the university's "birthday".

About Seoul

Seoul is the capital of South Korea and has over 10 million citizens, 25 million in the metropolitan area. Seoul is situated by the Han River and is surrounded by mountains. It is the world's fifth most expensive cities to live in and the second most expensive in Asia. Seoul is an important financial centre in Asia and some of the world's largest companies have their headquarters here. The city has distinguished itself as a shopping-city, the Dongdaemun market is the largest market in Korea and Yongsans Electronic Market is the largest of its kind in Asia.

Information from Chung-Ang University

Closed programmes
School of Medicine
School of Pharmacy
School of Nursing
School of Law
All Graduate School Programmes except GSIS (Graduate School of International Studies) and MBA. These are highly competitive.

Important information: Business courses are limited to students registered with Business Majors. Other majors (i.e. Political Science, Biology) cannot apply. In addition, each Business course is limited to 7 exchange students per course and the seats are highly competitive. The courses are on a first-come-first-served basis.

Exchange students who would like to take courses in the School of Architecture and Building Science (College of Engineering):
1) Should be majoring in the similar major in their home universities
2) Have taken the prerequisite courses if required
3) Their home university has to be accredited for Architecture / Architectural Engineering.

More information about retrictions:
Chung-Ang University's course registration process

Full time studies (corresponding to 30 hp):
Undergraduate: 15 credits
Graduate: approximaely 9 credits
Course types:
Usually 3 credits/course

Course levels: Study year 1–4: Undergraduate level

Academic year
Autumn term: September–December
Spring term: March–June


On-Campus: As a part of the online application, there is a dormitory application. All students who wish to stay at the dorm should make sure that they apply for the dormitory. A TB (tuberculosis) Test result in English, taken within 1 month before the day of entrance to the dormitory (after August 1, 2019 for Fall 2019) is required for those who are going to stay in the dormitory.
Off-campus: Chung-Ang University can provide exchange students with some off-campus.


Chung-Ang University

Student grants and loans for studies outside of Sweden

You may be entitled to student grants and loans from CSN when studying abroad.

As the cost of living and accommodation may be higher abroad, you can apply for an extra loan known as an additional loan for studies abroad.

You can also apply for an additional loan to cover additional costs, i.e. travel and insurance costs.