• Research: melanoma, genodermatoses, psoriasis
• Coordinater, educationally awarded teachers network @ Umeå univ.
• Head of the Swedish psoriasis register PsoReg
Marcus studied medicine in Frankfurt, Vienna, Kiel & Edmonton. During his studies he started his psoriasis research with a thesis on the immunogenetics of psoriasis under the guidance of Enno Christophers and Wolfram Sterry. The German research council (DFG) funded his postdoc at the laboratory of Georg Stingl in Vienna from 1993-95. Thereafter, he completed his specialist training at the Charité in Berlin. He was appointed associate professor of dermatology at the NTNU in Trondheim, Norway in 2000. Since 2002 he has been working at Umeå university, where he was appointed head of the division of dermatovenereology in 2012, full professor and distinguished teacher in 2014.
Marcus main research interest is besides melanoma and genodermatoses psoriasis. He initiated the Swedish national psoriasis registry PsoReg and co-founded the international PsoNet register. Marcus is a distinguished teacher and co-coordinates the educationally awarded teachers network @ Umeå university. Marcus is the responsible dermatologist in the project management of the national guidelines for psoriasis, the National Board of Health and Welfare (SoS).
• Associate Editor: British Journal of Dermatology
• Editorial board: BMC Dermatology, Clinical Drug Investigation, Journal of Clinical Medicine
• Member of the program committee, the Swedish Society of Medicine
• Swedish Board of Health and Welfare (SoS)
• Swedish Agency for Health Technology Assessment (SBU)
• Medical Products Agency (MPA)
• Swedish Dental and Pharmaceutical Benefits Agency (TLV)
• Swedish psoriasis patient organisation (PSO)
• Master thesis (30 ECTS), medicine program, Umeå univ.
• Psoriasis research, the medical biobank Umeå
• Dermatology, Västerbotten region pharmaceutical committee