I am a PhD student in philosophy. My research revolves around axiology applied within the field of political philosophy, with a special focus on the capability approach framework.
My current research interests revolve around questions in the intersection of axiology and political philosophy. I am especially interested in investigating the preconditions for picking out the value-space of well-being as it is analysed in the capability approach framework. I am fairly sympathetic to pluralistic approaches such as this, but seek a sufficiently substantive normative grounding for the inclusion and exclusion of specific value-objects in and from that value-space. Questions to do with what it is that we ought to distribute justly, and why this is so thus take up a considerable amount of my time.
I have a very strong interest in teaching philosophy. I have had the fortune of teaching subjects relating to the philosophy of science (both the natural and social sciences), research ethics, and political philosophy. I have done so at Umeå University, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and Stockholm University. The courses have been on the basic, advanced, and PhD level. For more information, please see the tab "Teaching”.
My teaching experience is broad. I have taught on the undergraduate, master’s, and PhD levels. Subjects include the philosophy of science (both the natural and social sciences), research ethics, and political philosophy. More detailed information follows.
- Introduction to Argumentation, Semantics and Logic (7.5 ECTS credits)
- Normative Ethics and Political Philosophy (7.5 ECTS credits)
- Metaethics (7.5 ECTS credits)
- The Philosophy of Economics and Social Science (7.5 ECTS credits)
- Classical Works in Practical Philosophy (6 ECTS credits)
- Political Philosophy (6 ECTS credits)
- The Philosophy of Social Science (6 ECTS credits)
- Metaethics (6 ECTS credits)
- Normative Ethics (6 ECTS credits)
- The Philosophy of Mind (7.5 ECTS credits)
- The Philosophy of Language (7.5 ECTS credits)
- Seminar (7.5 ECTS credits)
- Original Work in Theoretical Philosophy (7.5 ECTS credits)
- Four different groups of students throughout the semester.
- Project Report: “SI-verksamhetens potentiella tillämpningsområden och verkan inom filosofiämnet”, a short report written alongside Marie Kagrell and Helena Björnesjö about the SI-programme’s application within the field of philosophy.