Skip to content
Main menu hidden.

City University of Hong Kong

Only students at the Faculty of Social Sciences can apply for exchange places at City University of Hong Kong (CityU).

Available places: 1 place Spring semester 2024 

City University of Hong Kong requirements: Students must be able to present final grades/diploma from Gymnasieskola with minimum Grade C (old grading scale: VG) in English 6/English Course B.

Established: 1984
Number of students:
Student life:
The university offers exchange students to join Buddies Club that organises social activities, for example: city tours, bike tours, museum visits and BBQ parties.

Among the worlds top universities, CityU is ranked no. 55  by QS World University Rankings and no. 8 by QS Asian University Rankings.

About Hong Kong

Hong Kong, located on the south coast of China, was a British crown colony up until 1997 when it was returned to China where it now constitutes a special administrative region. The city has over 7 million citizens and the official languages are English and Chinese. There are no older buildings in the central area, instead Hong Kong is characterised by modern architecture.

In 2018, Hong Kong was ranked no. 18 in QS Best student Cities.

Information from CityU Hong Kong

Restrictions: Exchange students can apply for courses at the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS). Other programmes/coursers are closed.

Available courses can be found at:

Course information

Full time studies (corresponding to 30 hp): 15 credits

Course types: 3 credits (term course)

Course levels:
Associate degree: A1, A2
Bachelor degree: B1, B2, B3, B4
Postgraduate: P5, P6

Undergraduate exchange students are recommended to choose courses specified as level B in the course syllabus.

Academic year:
Autumn term: September–December
Spring term: January–May


Exchange students will need to submit an online application for housing on campus. There is limited on-campus accommodation available and therefor no guarantee for a residence place. CityU also has a website with information of how students can find housing themselves.


International Exchange Programme

Student grants and loans for studies outside of Sweden

You may be entitled to student grants and loans from CSN when studying abroad.

As the cost of living and accommodation may be higher abroad, you can apply for an extra loan known as an additional loan for studies abroad.

You can also apply for an additional loan to cover additional costs, i.e. travel and insurance costs. 

Latest update: 2023-05-17