Skip to content
Main menu hidden.

My studies

New student

Here you will find useful information as a new student.

Ladok, student web and Canvas – how are they interlinked

Register for courses, sign up for examinations and more - here is how you find information about your studies.

Umu card

For access to the premises, copying and for borrowing at the University Library.


Information you may need when you are about to take an exam.

Approved leave from, non-completion of, or parallel studies

If you want to study more than 45 credits per term at Umeå University you need to apply for parallel studies.

Apply for transfer of credits

For previous studies or professional experience that may be equivalent to studies you're about to take.

Apply for a degree when you have completed your academic studies

Read more about the requirements and how to apply.

Applications for courses within a study programme

If you are enrolled in a study programme you will take a number of courses pre-chosen for the programme.