Hej future exchange students! We are happy that you are interested in spending your exchange period at Umeå Institute of Design. We hope the information provided on this page will be helpful as you embark on this new and exciting journey.
To come to Umeå Institute of Design as an exchange student your home university must have signed a formal exchange agreement with us. Contact the coordinator at your home university to learn if such an agreement exists, and if you can be nominated as an exchange student.
How to be nominated
The coordinator at your home university has to nominate you for exchange studies at Umeå University by filling out an online form. The link to the form is not published online, it is sent by e-mail to your coordinator. More information about the nomination proceudre can be found at:
How to apply
When your home university has submitted the nomination you will receive application instructions and a link to the web page where you apply for courses.
Please note that you can apply for more than one course, as long as you rank the courses. It is important is that you - in addition to applying via the website - send your digital portfolio/home assignment and motivational letter to the international coordinator at UID.
See link below for pdf document on portfolio requirements for incoming exchange students:
In event of the dates below occurring on a weekend/holiday, the deadlines are postponed to the next weekday.
- Spring semester: 3 October
- Autumn semester: 1 April
- Spring semester: 17 October
- Autumn semester: 15 April
Course Packages - Spring 2023
Industrial Design, Advanced Product, term 2
- 5ID208 Sound in Industrial Design 7,5
- 5ID209 Product Analysis and Construction 7,5
- 5ID210 Project 2: Strategic Product Design 15
Industrial Design, Interaction, term 2
Industrial Design, Transportation, term 2
Single Subject Courses - Spring 2023
Overview of the nomination and application procedure
1. Your coordinator nominates you in our online nomination system, Solemove, before the nominaton deadline.
2. You receive an e-mail from Solemove with instructions on how to complete the nomination information in Solemove.
3. Once you have completed the nomination information, you receive another e-mail from Solemove with instructions on how to apply for courses.
4. A Notification of Selection Results (admission result) is published at the end of May for autumn semester applicants, and at the end of November for spring semester applicants.
Latest update: 2022-06-20