I am an associate professor (Docent) in the Department of Applied Physics and Electronics. Previously, I worked as a researcher at Mid Sweden University and also as a senior consultant at the Energy division of National Productivity Council, New Delhi. I have work experience in both engineering and socio-behavioural aspects on energy issues. My current research focus is on increasing the rate of adoption of energy efficiency measures and analyzing the effect of retrofits on buildings' energy performance.
Ph.D. in Ecotechnology and Environmental Science from Mid Sweden University, Sweden
Master Degree in Environmental Science, Policy and Management from Central European University, Hungary and Lund University, Sweden
Postgraduate Diploma in Energy Management, AIP, Chennai, India
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Kerala University, India
On going projects:
1. ENERGY PATHFINDER
Energy Pathfinder is a collaborative project that aims to support owners of historic buildings based in the Northern Periphery & Arctic region of Europe, to consider moving towards Near Zero Energy Building (NZEB) standards.
2. Green Arctic Buildings (GrAB) funded by Kolarctic CBC
3. Enhanced Sustainability of Built Environment by Collaboration and Digitalization funded by Interreg Nord
4. Energieffektivisering av byggnader med närvarodetektering funded by Swedish Energy Agency
1. Circular Economy – A Game Changer for the Wood Building Industry
The overall goal for this project is to find ways to boost regional companies competitiveness by initiating new networks and business ecosystems and pilot CE solutions
The project will support actions that increase the energy efficiency and uptake of renewable energy in buildings and thus contribute to the decrease in carbon dioxide emissions from the building sector.
3. Renovation Center: A Nordic center for energy efficient renovations